This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Details missing in settings

tankmdg79

Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:35:48 pm

Details missing in settings
I think I installed zorin 12.4 then it's been upgraded but details is missing so I can't check memory, version ECT
The version I got may have been altered if that helps

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:02:46 pm

If you are still running 12.x then Open Settings then last section, 'System' should have a details icon (page 48 or unofficial Manual)

https://app.box.com/s/71wn2fird2nee6un8t206ugm6mzui9hr

tankmdg79

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:34:10 pm

Yes that's what's missing I also installed sysinfo but when I try to view system it also crashes

Aravisian

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:49:29 pm

tankmdg79 wrote:Yes that's what's missing I also installed sysinfo but when I try to view system it also crashes

Are you using 12 Lite or Core?
From terminal, you can enter
Code:
head -n1 /proc/meminfo

also
Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo

tankmdg79

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:28:22 pm

12.4 ultimate

Aravisian

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:08:34 am

Can you open Alacarte and see if "details" is listed in the options to have on your menu?
If it is there and unchecked, you can check it under your System or Settings Directory, restart your panel and it should then be there (Or log out and back in after ensuring it is checkmarked in Alacarte.)
On my copy of Zorin 12.4 Lite, is simply called "About" with a four pointed star icon.
I cannot speculate as to how it went missing...
But as above you can get the information you need with terminal commands, or using the terminal command'
Code:
sudo  lshw

or
Code:
lspci

You can install a GUI app for the purpose:
Code:
sudo apt-get install hardinfo

or
Code:
sudo apt-get install sysinfo

And- thank you for supporting the Zorin Team by using the Ultimate Zorin.