This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

EPSON ET-2650 Printer and Scanner

andreacarfagna

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:41:29 am

Hello,
I just puchased Zorin Os 15 and I've used Linux for some years, but I consider myself a novice user.

I run Zorin on a Toshiba Portege R830 and cannot configure properly a EPSON ET-2650 Scanner and Printer.
As I plug the usb cable, the Os recognize and configure the printer with no error, but as i try to print a test page or any other document, the printer only prints a blank sheet, with only a few random black letters allined vertically on the left side of the paper, that have nothing to do with the document that i wanted to print.

The scanner is not working all toghter. As I open the built in scanning program, it says there is no device connected.
Can anyone please help me?
Thank you.

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:07:29 pm

Epson don't provide support for [GNU/] Linux - you will need to download the drives for printer and scanner from here:

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... archModule

Enter the model details in model number and choose 'Linux' from the drop-down option on this page.

Download all three packages and extract their contents.

At work at moment so not sure how these are packaged. The 'Simple Scan' software does not work with my Canon all-in-one either - I had to download the Linux drivers/software to get my TS-8151 to work. ;) :D