This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

task bar confusion....

shmotzy

Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:44:57 am

Okay for some reason the icons on my taskbar at the bottom of my desktop got rearranged....how exactly do I arrange them in the order I want?? For instance, I want my power button on the far right end....ALSO, can I make the taskbar more transparent? Yeah I know I am a noob, but I LOVE this OS!!!

madvinegar

Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:28:32 am

In order to make the panel bar more transparent (as transparent as you like) follow these instructions:

Go to system -> preferences -> compizconfig settings manager. (or, if you are using the Win7 look, go to start -> control center ->compizconfig settings manager).

Scroll down to the accesibility field and click/open the opacity/brigthness and saturation button.

On the first tab (opacity) at the bottom of the page click "new".

In the box that says "windows" write
Code:
name=gnome-panel

Set the bar below (window values) to any number you prefer. 100 is for no transparency at all - 0 is for full transparency.

Personally I have set it to 90. I think it is the best setting as you get the transparency of the bar and it still remains easy to read! :D

shmotzy

Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:31:07 pm

thanks! sorry i posted twice! I must have been drinkin.....LOL