This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Bugs and impression from Zorin 15

darkgt2

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:06:24 pm

I honestly must say , I fall in love this this distro. But that quickly change after I began using it for my daily work.
Issue 1: Bluetooth stop connecting to my headset, the bluetooth keep connecting and disconnecting in a fraction of a second. Fix it by updating to newer version of the bluetooth package.
Issue 2: Issue 1 but this time doesn't want to connect and detect devices at all. I tried all commands I could see in google search.
Issue 3: Video driver of nVidia cause the login screen to be in low resolution (same for every distro I ever tried with nvidia's driver in use).
Issue 4: Kernel panic errors on start up (present on other debian based distros, but the newer mint 19.3 doesn't complain anymore)
Issue 5: The Ad blocker extention SmartAdBlock in Firefox manage to lock up the system, so I can't even get to Terminal with Ctrl+F4 to kill the process, I'm not Linux expect, but processes shouldn't lock up unresponsive the system like that.
Issue 6: I connected my laptop to projector for a presentation purposes. After I disconnected my laptop screen remain black.
Issue 7: No easy way to change the CPU govenor.
Issue 8: Sort of nVidia issue, the text looks blurry in the Brave browser. I'm not sure if there is fix for that in Linux.

Overall I'm glad from this OS, but I'm experience this bluetooth issue on every new distro, I guess the newer kernel update breaks something. I have Qualcomm Atheros bluetooth module. The Wifi works fine, just the Bluetooth doesn't.

Swarfendor437

Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:53:10 pm

Hi, principally bluetooth response from me: Can you see if any of the solutions posted here help?

https://ubuntuforums.org/printthread.ph ... =10&page=1

darkgt2

Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:34:08 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, principally bluetooth response from me: Can you see if any of the solutions posted here help?

https://ubuntuforums.org/printthread.ph ... =10&page=1

Thanks, I don't know exactly what fixed the issue, but now the problem is gone. Now I can report other minor issue with the Zorin Appearance the Panel. With eyesaving daytime option during the night, the panel will become stuck with full transparency and white text with orange shadow. I tried different positions and seems to happen when is fixed on Top of the screen. Also I had this issue where the Panel was unable to auto hide at all. After restarting the GUI it restore the autohide.