This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

zorin logotype

kay-dee

Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:40:45 pm

I want to make my own wallpaper using the ZORIN logotype. Anyone know if it is available? Or is it a custom design?
Katie

Aravisian

Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:17:41 am

I rebooted and took a picture of my screen with the logo.
I then went to
https://www.1001fonts.com/

and I typed "ZORIN" into the field "Custom Sample Text" so that the displayed fonts will say "ZORIN" and started looking through all the offered fonts to see if a match could be found.

After 60 pages, I decided that I do not like you very much.

I found a few that were quite close, but no exact matches. Aside from tackling a Zorin and choking the information out of him, I don't really know how else to find it.
I went to /usr/share/plymouth/Zorin-plymouth folders to see if they held any info on that- but no.
Red Seven was a bit close, as was accuratist. Must point out that this is based off a data set of five letters, a couple of which are not often used in English...

You may try the same thing as you wait for any other replies. It helps to narrow the category down (I have already thoroughly searched futuristic fonts). You might find a font you like well enough.

I nabbed Helios and Hyperion.

kay-dee

Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:45:47 pm

Above and beyond the call of duty, Aravisian. I'm so sorry to have been a pain in the posterior. I was hoping that someone would know off the top of their head. But thank you for the links.
I had a look at some font sites before posting the thread and came up blank. I'll poke around some more, now, and see if I can find something suitable. Doesn't have to be exact, I guess, but it would be nice to keep the theme.
Thank you as always,
Katie

AZorin

Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:54:12 pm

You can find downloads of the Zorin logo and logotypes on our Press Kit page: https://zorinos.com/press/

kay-dee

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:19:38 pm

Perfect, AZorin. Didn't even think to look on the Home Site. That saved some leg-work, thank you.
Katie

JeffK969

Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:05:06 pm

Aravisian wrote:After 60 pages, I decided that I do not like you very much.

Could of saved Aravisian some time too....lmao. About 60 pages worth... But I guess you were trying to figure out the Font, correct? Too bad Artyom just didn't tell you...

Swarfendor437

Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:41:03 pm

Or just open Computer and follow the path to:

usr | share | plymouth | themes | zorin-logo :D

Aravisian

Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:13:59 pm

JeffK969 wrote:Could of saved Aravisian some time too....lmao. About 60 pages worth...

200 pages in total.
Swarfendor437 wrote:Or just open Computer and follow the path to:

I did, but that didn't show the ttf style.
kay-dee wrote:Above and beyond the call of duty, Aravisian. I'm so sorry to have been a pain in the posterior. I was hoping that someone would know off the top of their head. But thank you for the links.

lol not really, setting a scrolling page that I glance up at is not a big deal and I was employing my odd sense of humor.
Fonts are something I do not often pay that much attention to. So, that gave me a premise to follow and learn something new.

Though...
I do see I think I misunderstood the O.P.
I thought you wanted to know the actual Font of the logotype in order to use it to make more than those 5 letters. Which is why going to /usr/share/plymouth/zorin-logo did not solve the thing I was trying to solve.
Oops.

Swarfendor437

Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:37:09 pm

kay-dee wrote:I want to make my own wallpaper using the ZORIN logotype. Anyone know if it is available? Or is it a custom design?
Katie

+

Aravisian wrote:
JeffK969 wrote:Could of saved Aravisian some time too....lmao. About 60 pages worth...

200 pages in total.
Swarfendor437 wrote:Or just open Computer and follow the path to:

I did, but that didn't show the ttf style.
kay-dee wrote:Above and beyond the call of duty, Aravisian. I'm so sorry to have been a pain in the posterior. I was hoping that someone would know off the top of their head. But thank you for the links.

lol not really, setting a scrolling page that I glance up at is not a big deal and I was employing my odd sense of humor.
Fonts are something I do not often pay that much attention to. So, that gave me a premise to follow and learn something new.

Though...
I do see I think I misunderstood the O.P.
I thought you wanted to know the actual Font of the logotype in order to use it to make more than those 5 letters. Which is why going to /usr/share/plymouth/zorin-logo did not solve the thing I was trying to solve.
Oops.

I was using an 'open interpretation' of ZORIN logotype :lol:

Aravisian

Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:56:33 pm

At the time, I think my brain read it as "TrueType."
shrug.

kay-dee

Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:11:55 pm

Anyway guys, thank you so much. Sorry if I was a nuisance but happy you're all here for me.
Love,
Katie

Aravisian

Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:20:42 pm

kay-dee wrote:Anyway guys, thank you so much. Sorry if I was a nuisance but happy you're all here for me.
Love,
Katie

I got fifteen new free fonts out of the deal.
And some icons possibilities, as well.