This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Turn off automatic adding of printers

dinki

Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:12:47 pm

So 2020 looks like the year of Linux on the desktop for me. Migrating from Win 7 -> Zorin (Ubuntu). I've got a CUPS server for my printers on another box. How do I control what printers show up on this Zorin box? I keep seeing some Airprint printers and I can't delete them. They keep adding themselves back to my list of printers.

I've been using Unix/Linux for years so I'm mostly familiar with things but by far no expert. Is there some sort of daemon that is causing these additions and can it be disabled?

Swarfendor437

Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:01:17 pm

It would appear this is due to Avahi which is linked to 'bonjour' embedded in Apple Printers. Please take a read of this thread in its entirety and let us know if you have any luck.
Please note there is a misprint on one of the commands given - it is always 'daemon' and never 'deamon'! ;) :D

dinki

Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:17:21 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:It would appear this is due to Avahi which is linked to 'bonjour' embedded in Apple Printers. Please take a read of this thread in its entirety and let us know if you have any luck.
Please note there is a misprint on one of the commands given - it is always 'daemon' and never 'deamon'! ;) :D

Thanks for the tip. Were you leaving a link for the thread? I did a search for Avahi and bonjour and did not find anything besides a bunch of 'hellos' :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:43:10 pm