This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Browser display issues after latest update

linuxlove37

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:24:14 pm

Hello,

I'm far from a Linux expert, and I thought maybe someone could help out. The latest update has changed the appearance of all webpages (Firefox) for me. All the backgrounds are now white and all links display differently. Lots of text is highlighted that shouldn't be. I've never had an issue with Zorin before, but this is strange. It happened right after I updated too, so I'm assuming it's the OS. Any ideas? Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:40:05 pm

Can you post a screenshot? ;) :D

Aravisian

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:41:29 pm

linuxlove37 wrote:Hello,

I'm far from a Linux expert, and I thought maybe someone could help out. The latest update has changed the appearance of all webpages (Firefox) for me. All the backgrounds are now white and all links display differently. Lots of text is highlighted that shouldn't be. I've never had an issue with Zorin before, but this is strange. It happened right after I updated too, so I'm assuming it's the OS. Any ideas? Thanks.

Also, are you using Zorin 12.4 or 15.1?
Core/Ultimate or Lite?

linuxlove37

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:55:14 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Can you post a screenshot? ;) :D

Aravisian wrote:Also, are you using Zorin 12.4 or 15.1?
Core/Ultimate or Lite?

I'm running 12.4 Core, but I think I got it mostly sorted. I played around with appearance settings and got it mostly back to the way it was, although it's still not the same. I honestly don't know what happened. I love Zorin, and I've never had an update issue before. But it's not a big issue at the moment. Thanks for the replies/offer of help. Appreciate it.

Aravisian

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:01:41 am

linuxlove37 wrote:I'm running 12.4 Core

Updates can bring changes to settings that you are currently using, or render themes you are using less operative.
I have auto-update turned off and I review all updates before allowing them, checking off what I will allow and what I will not.

linuxlove37

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:10:14 am

Aravisian wrote:
linuxlove37 wrote:I'm running 12.4 Core

Updates can bring changes to settings that you are currently using, or render themes you are using less operative.
I have auto-update turned off and I review all updates before allowing them, checking off what I will allow and what I will not.

Yeah, I know that happens sometimes. I guess I was just surprised since it's been such a smooth experience with Zorin thus far. (couple years) No biggie in the end though. Thanks.