Installing ZorinOS 15.1 Education - Experience Post

Re: Installing ZorinOS 15.1 Education - Experience Post

Postby plexorite » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:02 pm

What great news Alberto!
As an ancient (80!) retiree, only the threat of what the end of Windows 7 meant finally got me to move. Zorin has been a magic experience for someone who was forced to deal with many Linux attempts to change/save the world over many years. I even tried VBox UNSUCCESSFULLY as per info above many times.
I'm posting a separate query now about two failed installs on old machines - with high hopes now! :-)
plexorite

Postby msean » Fri May 22, 2020 3:55 am

I installed 2 computers at work and I am very satisfied. The elegance and performance of the system impressed me a lot. Thanks!
msean

Postby robbrown99 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Excellent, this is a great success story. Schools and government could save so much money by going down this route. Perhaps this school would be a good candidate for the Education edition and new Grid coming out?
robbrown99

Postby waqasmukhtar » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi Zorin
Has nice integration with your mobile device and offers .This improvement fits also perfectly in the existence of Zorin OS 15.1 Education edition.
waqasmukhtar

Postby bcnaz » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:32 am

Hello Zorin,
I am wondering if Zorin Education will make its way to the new arm processors ? ( If or when ? )
Pine 64 has plans to distribute its Pinebook laptop to needy children, I think that the Zorin Education Edition may may a great OS for that project.
> The 'PineTab' has the same main board so it would play nice there as well, They just started accepting orders for the PineTab.
( My opinion ) The original One Laptop organization seems a little politically driven, while Pine will make its decisions by Linux Developers and .org persons.

Thanks for your forum, BC
bcnaz

Postby Swarfendor437 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:09 am

bcnaz wrote:Hello Zorin,
I am wondering if Zorin Education will make its way to the new arm processors ? ( If or when ? )
Pine 64 has plans to distribute its Pinebook laptop to needy children, I think that the Zorin Education Edition may may a great OS for that project.
> The 'PineTab' has the same main board so it would play nice there as well, They just started accepting orders for the PineTab.
( My opinion ) The original One Laptop organization seems a little politically driven, while Pine will make its decisions by Linux Developers and .org persons.

Thanks for your forum, BC

I thought OLPC was a good idea but in reality what is needed before technology is water, food and healthcare ;)
https://vimeo.com/user15592214
https://www.deviantart.com/swarfendor437
https://trisquel.info/

Machine: ASUS X470-PRO, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8 Core, 16 Gb RAM, ZOTAC Geforce GT1030 (2 Gb)
Swarfendor437

Previous

Return to Help and Support