This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Task Bar gone very thin and to the top

ozstar

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:11:15 am

Hi,

The Task Bar has decided to go the the top of the screen and in doing so became very thin.

Not sure how/when it happened but can't seem to see where I can reset it.

oz

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:13:20 am

Is this core or Lite?

ozstar

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:32:14 am

Core

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:21:08 pm

Hi, You haven't accidentally launched Gnome Panel in extensions have you? What I would do is open Tweaks, turn all Zorin extensions off then back on again to see if it solves the issue. Can you post a screenshot? ;) :D

Aravisian

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:26:08 pm

Yes, that sounds like the Gnome Flashback Top bar...

ozstar

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:48:02 am

Hi,

Task Bar thin.png

Won't be on for a couple of days, but here is the bar at the top. Will do what you suggested if I am able to connect from afar :-)

Thanks guys

oz

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:29:44 pm

That pic you sent looks like xfce as the clock in Core is usually furthest right in the panel? ;) :D

ozstar

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:36:05 pm

Yes I dont know why it happened. I have been updating software when it says it is available plus webmin so not sure. I do recall some libre files coming down, is that the office you're taking about ? I haven't been able to check those others yet like turning exts off/on .Onm my phone now.

Aravisian

Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:20:08 pm

ozstar wrote:Yes I dont know why it happened. I have been updating software when it says it is available plus webmin so not sure. I do recall some libre files coming down, is that the office you're taking about ? I haven't been able to check those others yet like turning exts off/on .Onm my phone now.

Libre would not be related.
When you have a chance, at your computer, open a terminal and run
[code] xfce4-panel --version[/quote]
If it says it is not installed- then that ain't it.

If using Gnome, click on the Activities overview and select "about". If that does not say "Gnome-Flashback", then that may not be it, either. At which point, should examine what Gnome Extensions you have installed.