This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Add "user" to SUDOer file

VAIO-Zorin

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:22:17 am

I am working with two user (user / admin). Everything works fine when I work as user, except I try to enter a SUDO command in the terminal. I get the message that “user” is not in the SUDO file. Is there a possibility to add “user” to this SUDOer file?

Swarfendor437

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:28:43 pm

Zorin has two types of User - Administrator and Standard - Standard is not allowed to be a sudoer - if you want the standard user to have root access then change their user status to administrator - otherwise you could be making your system vulnerable. ;) :D

VAIO-Zorin

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:52:57 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Zorin has two types of User - Administrator and Standard - Standard is not allowed to be a sudoer - if you want the standard user to have root access then change their user status to administrator - otherwise you could be making your system vulnerable. ;) :D

Thank you for your advise. I changed User to admin rights and everything workes fine. There is something strange with my admin account. I guess the keayboard settings are wrong, so it is diffucult to enter pw's. I am the only user and there is no risk. Once agin, thank you for your help.

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:50:17 pm

Can we treat this thread as [SOLVED]? ;) :D