This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Timekeeper indicator not showing up

AlbertoBN

Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:23:56 pm

Hello all,

I switched from lubuntu to Zorin education on my kids PCs and I installed TimeKeeper (in GDM3 mode maybe this is the problem?) and I see no indicator icon. TeamViewer indicator icon however is visible (so no problem with the indicator app) any ideas?

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:07:40 pm

Have you tried contacting support at FSMLabs as I see it is an app that has to be purchased? ;) :D

AlbertoBN

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:13:28 am

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:18:40 am

Thanks for clearing that up. I was having issues searching for TimeKeeper and could only find what I posted. ;)

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:49:43 am

Hi, see if the Gnome shell extension mentioned here works:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/timekpr-revi ... comments/2

Worth reading the entire thread as Gnome devs have screwed up big time. Beginning to wonder if Gnome Devs are on M$ payroll!

https://bugs.launchpad.net/timekpr-revived/+bug/1771544

AlbertoBN

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:56:26 pm

Oh wow... Topicons apparently does not work too... Funny thing is that teamviewer sometimes works and sometimes not. It is touch and go... I guess I will have to live with it. At least the app pops a toast notification with screen time remaining every now and then... On xfce by the way there is not problem (used to have lubuntu on those machines) but on the other hand teamviewer was unstable... Oh well... still a better OS than Windows

Aravisian

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:04:32 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Worth reading the entire thread as Gnome devs have screwed up big time. Beginning to wonder if Gnome Devs are on M$ payroll!

Considering they went broke a while back... Honestly, I have truly wondered the same.

Alberto, a nifty workaround I have used is to install xfce4-panel
Code:
sudo apt-get install xfce4-panel

on its own. Then, I set it up to autostart. I set it in the upper left corner at its smallest size and just let indicator icons popup there (Installing any plugins as needed). I did this on Mate Desktop and on Gnome desktop and it suited my needs well.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:14:02 pm

Aravisian wrote:Alberto, a nifty workaround I have used is to install xfce4-panel
Code:
sudo apt-get install xfce4-panel

on its own. Then, I set it up to autostart. I set it in the upper left corner at its smallest size and just let indicator icons popup there (Installing any plugins as needed). I did this on Mate Desktop and on Gnome desktop and it suited my needs well.

Cool! ;) 8-) :D

AlbertoBN

Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:31:29 pm

Oh wow that is cool. I was busy installing ZorinOS labs in schools so I disappeared a bit.,,,