This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Phatch not working in latest Zorin

don54321

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:41:57 pm

Phatch is an unbelievably good and easy to use photo batch processing program which I have grown to depend upon. It works on my older Zorin installation but not the 2 installations I have done with Zorin 5.2. The symptom is that the drop down menus are non-responsive, specifically, if you choose the Scale function, and try to select from the drop down box the units of measure, it is unresponsive. Strangely I did something once that did allow me to select from the drop down list, buy I have no clue what my random banging on the keyboard, or mouse did to accomplish this. The menu looks a tiny bit compressed horizontally. I have my old Zorin installation as a dual boot on the same computer, and I find that Phatch is the same version on both. I hate when little things like this ruin an otherwise perfect experience. Incidentally, I installed this program from the default Zorin repositories, and then the same version from the official site with no difference.

I had finally settled in on Zorin for all my machines after this Unity, Ubuntu stuff/Gnome 3 ruined just about everything else. It had been my favorite before for reasons I can not really pinpoint. Other than Phatch, Zorin otherwise has been perfect for me and my family (especially in XP look mode). Any help would be appreciated.

Don

madvinegar

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:20:18 pm

Start phatch from terminal (open a terminal and write phatch and hit enter) and see if you get any error messages. (or see if actually you don't get any problem with the menus).

don54321

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:05:17 am

Hello Madvinegar,

Tried opening it from the terminal and the results were exactly the same. No errors. The only problem is that the Phatch drop down boxes are unresponsive. As an example, select the scale function, and if you attempt to change the canvas size, a drop down box appears to select units. It does not respond to the mouse clicks in 5.2 (confirmed on 2 different computers) but works on an older ZorinOS installed as a dual boot on the same machine as 5.2.

Wolfman

Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:56:22 am

Hi Don,

I have never used the prog but have you checked in Synaptic to see if all the suggested and recommended packages are installed. Type phatch in search and once you see the prog listed; then right click on it and then look at the suggested and recommended packages and install what's necessary!!.

On their homepage, the have support and documentation links:

http://photobatch.stani.be/

Regards Wolfman :D