This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Google Chrome let Zorin 15.2 crashing

sickice

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:25:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I have problem with the Goggle Chrome browser under Zorin 15.2.
When I start the browser then Zorin is crashing and it take about 5 hard restarts that I can use Zorin again.
Then Chrome is working normaly.
When I shutdown the system and start again after a while, the problem is back again.

Have Zorin some kind of Chrom prevention ?

carmar

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:38:48 pm

Is it the .deb package here you used? https://www.google.com/chrome/
I installed chromium (not chrome) using synaptic but I'm trying to narrow down how you installed yours.

Swarfendor437

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:33:04 pm

Hi carmar, I think you might have nailed this one - if the OP installed the FlatPak version then he is asking for trouble - the same goes for snapd which is where Ubuntu is sadly headed - if everything gets ditched for snapd and flatpak (Fedora) I may endup having to look for a minor distro (Devuan?) :D

sickice

Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:27:54 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi carmar, I think you might have nailed this one - if the OP installed the FlatPak version then he is asking for trouble - the same goes for snapd which is where Ubuntu is sadly headed - if everything gets ditched for snapd and flatpak (Fedora) I may endup having to look for a minor distro (Devuan?) :D

I did't know that the FlatPak is so instable, and I have installed the .DEB from google.com.
Under Zorin 12 I never had problems.
I think now I will reinstall Zorin without the flatpak then.

I will leave the question open for one more week then I will mark it as SOLVED

Thanks a lot

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:00:15 pm

Hi, you misunderstood the bit about flatpak - this is from the 'Software' channel. In FerenOS it shows the normal pkg plus the flatpak one - although this is dependent on the Software developer of the given application - by that I mean if the developer/s of the Software ditch the standard pkg format for flatpak and/or snapd there is not a lot anyone can do - BUT COMPLAIN LOUDLY! :x

sickice

Fri May 15, 2020 11:09:27 am

With the new version of the flatpak I have no more problems.
to Update it with the

flatpak -y update

command was very helpful.
I have marked now my problem as SOLVED

Thanks to everyone