This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Advanced customizations in taskbar / bottom panel

alexandre9865

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:46:32 pm

Which software i should have in my machine to customize freely my taskbar? I wanna firstly to reduce the icons size without decrease the taskbar height, cause I don't like when the taskbar gets an invisible horizontal scroll and disappear parcialy the favorited apps of the extremes like the image at bottom...

Captura de tela de 2020-04-18 20-25-49.png

Probably there isn't an easy software, but there is someone?

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:05:10 pm

I think your options as Zorin stands is to change the Appearance settings to a different layout - you could try the standard Gnome layout - this puts the panel at the top. Outside of the Desktop Environment you have you could try and install Plank as an alternative panel, or install Cairo-Dock DE or Cinnamon DE and use the Cog at the login prompt to change to the different DE once installed. Also check out gnome-extensions.org after you have installed gnome-tweaks:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweaks

where it states select all above that code means it copies to clipboard - open your terminal and paste. ;) :D - you will be asked for your login password to elevate you to 'root' (adminstrator) to install software. ;) :D

Aravisian

Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:14:22 pm

Another option would be to use Zorin Lite instead of Core. Zorin Lite uses the XFCE desktop, which allows much greater customization and control of the taskbar, etc.