This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Skype and Viber problems after installation

Raskeo

Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:43:50 pm

Installed Zorin Os Lite but no microphone in Skype and no video in Viber!(

Checked online mocrophone and video its ok.
But in these apps there is problem. I am at a loss Zorin Os such a good one among all Linux.

Who can help?

Thanks in advance!

Swarfendor437

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:22:38 pm

Please wait for Aravisian as he is the Lite expert. Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit version installed? Skype will only now run on 64-bit OS. If you want a more secure alternative to Skype, use https:\\meet.jit.si - it is more secure than Zoom or Skype and you don't need to install anything - you just use Firefox - and remember to setup a password for your group - you don't want gatecrashers. I can't help on Viber. ;) :D

Aravisian

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:46:45 am

I am not sure as I do not use either of those.
For skype, you might Remove Pulseaudio, first.
Then open Skype, turn off "allow skype to adjust mixer levels" in the audio settings and ensure that XFCE4-mixer settings show microphone as turned on.

For Viber, open the Software Channel (Labled simply as "Software" in your app menu) and then search at the top for "Viber"
Click that description page open for the Installed Version of Viber and you should see "Launch", "Remove" and "Permissions". Click on permissions and move the slider for "Use your camera" from "off" to "on."

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:48:41 pm

Hi Aravisian, We first need to know if the OP is running 32-bit Lite or 64-bit - if the former Skype will not run at all as they only support 64-bit. ;) :D