This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

orange buttons

hangdawg

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:21:34 am

hi is there a way to get rid of orange buttons when hovering mouse over them also firefox scrollbar is orange also ive tried most tweaks like remove liboverlay but nothing works i also installed gnome color changer still didnt change it :( thanks

Wolfman

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:55:10 am

Hi,

have you tried a different desktop theme??.

Control Center > Personal > Appearance > Theme

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:42:26 am

Can you upload a photo? I cannot understand exactly what you mean! :oops:

madvinegar

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:49:48 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:If there is anything 'orange' suspect you have tried an 'upgrade'? and ended up with a partial 'Natty'

Exactly. There is only "blue" in Zorin.
Orange is the colour of ubuntu! :D

hangdawg

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:02:02 pm

im using zorin with gnome with emerald heres 2 screeshots

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7035 ... 143928.png and heres the firefox scrollbar

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3964/newzk.jpg

madvinegar

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:08:13 pm

As wolfman suggested, why don't you change the theme to Zorin OS which is based on blue and light grey colors?

Left click on your desktop, chose "change desktop background" and on the first tab (theme) chose "zorin Os".

madvinegar

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:24:13 pm

Otherwise, if you like to keep your theme but just change some of the colors, do the following:

Press Alt+F2 and write gconf-editor. Hit enter.

Navigate to apps>dockbarx>themes>dust (I suppose that dust is the theme you have now) and change the color codes to the ones you like.
I think that color 5 corresponds to the color of the orange buttons. :D

hangdawg

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:48:56 pm

hi thanks to everyone im going to do a fresh install of zorin and go from there right clicking on desktop doesn't bring up a menu so i figure id be better off starting from scratch ill post back after re-installing thanks

madvinegar

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:09:07 pm

Tried as wolfman said? i.e. Control Center > Personal > Appearance > Theme

or in gnome look: system>preferences>appearance.

and chose zorin OS theme.