This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] NUM LK in Zorin 15 Lite

ian4238

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:58:50 am

I have Zorin Lite on my desktop PC and it is great. I installed it on my 11" notebook, and there is only one problem. Each time I boot it up, NUM LK stays off until "Zorin" appears, then NUM LK turns on. If you don't notice it, it won't accept your PW. I can turn it off by holding Fn, then pressing NumLk, but each login it turns on the NumLk. Years ago I had this problem with Linux Lite, and could not fix it permanently. Zorin 12 worked perfectly. This problem does not occur during BIOS.
In Settings>Keyboard there is an item "Restore num lock state on startup". I have tried with this ticked and unticked, but no difference. I'd hate to leave Zorin over such a small thing, but it is annoying. Any ideas?

ian4238

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:26:29 pm

I have tried again after disconnecting everything including the battery for about 10minutes. Then reconnecting 12v power supply - still OK. Then connecting internet wired connection - still OK. As soon as I used a USB wireless mouse and left it plugged in, the problem returned. ie NUMLk was turned on seconds before password box opened up. Didn't matter which USB plug used.
I have now tried a wired USB mouse, and left it plugged in to restart, and there is no problem. So this was not Zorin 15 at fault.
Solved! Sorry to worry anyone with my problem.

zabadabadoo

Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:46:55 pm

Are you able to edit the subject line of your first post and add "[Solved]" at the beginning. That would be much appreciated.

ian4238

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:49:29 am

ian4238 wrote:I have Zorin Lite on my desktop PC and it is great. I installed it on my 11" notebook, and there is only one problem. Each time I boot it up, NUM LK stays off until "Zorin" appears, then NUM LK turns on. If you don't notice it, it won't accept your PW. I can turn it off by holding Fn, then pressing NumLk, but each login it turns on the NumLk. Years ago I had this problem with Linux Lite, and could not fix it permanently. Zorin 12 worked perfectly. This problem does not occur during BIOS.
In Settings>Keyboard there is an item "Restore num lock state on startup". I have tried with this ticked and unticked, but no difference. I'd hate to leave Zorin over such a small thing, but it is annoying. Any ideas?