This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Firejail not working in interface of zorin OS 15.2

acvsilva

Thu May 21, 2020 8:31:58 pm

My name is carlos and I use the google translator. I installed firejail on zorin OS 15.2. Firejail works very well with dropbox but I can't start firefox, opera and google chrome in sandbox.

I edited the firefox, opera and google chrome file in the / usr / share / applications folder and it didn't work. Alacarte also didn't work.

Firejail works on the gnome-shell interface of debian, ubuntu and pop OS, except on Zorin OS. ;-(

Has anyone had this problem and managed to solve?

Thank you.

Swarfendor437

Thu May 21, 2020 8:41:05 pm

I am not sure, but apparently if not now in the future it won't work at all on any Gnome DE based distro as the wonderful Gnome project is intending to ditch support for Qt which firejail needs to run! :(

acvsilva

Mon May 25, 2020 12:01:39 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:I am not sure, but apparently if not now in the future it won't work at all on any Gnome DE based distro as the wonderful Gnome project is intending to ditch support for Qt which firejail needs to run! :(

I dont understand. I use firejail in any DE without Qt and I never had any problems. Are you sure that firejail uses Qt? I know that "dropbox" uses Qt. I can use firefox with firejail on the linux terminal, for example, less on DE Zorin. ;-(

De qualquer forma, muito obrigado!

Swarfendor437

Mon May 25, 2020 10:21:36 pm

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page with the paragraph headed 'firetools' - the front end of firejail, mentions the dependence on Qt4/5:

https://firejail.wordpress.com/