This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Frozen after waking up from suspend

TouchOdeath

Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:38:14 pm

Under xfce4-power-manager-settings, I have my computer to set to suspend when the laptop lid is closed. About 60% of the time it works just fine. But sometimes when I open my laptop lid, instead of being greeted with the login screen, I see the last instance of my desktop before I closed the lid. I can move the mouse, but nothing responds to clicks or anything. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1 through F6, I get a black login screen. From there I can login and type 'reboot'. What I really want is to be able to go back to my session. Thank you in advance!

Edit: Latest version fixed my suspend problem, Thank you Zorin peeps!

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:13:44 pm

Sounds like a job for Aravisian to sort for you! :D

TouchOdeath

Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:36:00 pm

Thank you Swarf for your reply. I assume Aravisian is a user? Doing a google search it looks like he created a lot of xfce themes. So maybe the problem is with XFCE?

I found this script: https://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-li ... x-desktop/

Code:
#!/bin/bash
killall xfce4-panel
xfce4-panel
xfwm4 --replace &

The article tells me to name the script 'xfce4-restart.sh' place it in /usr/bin/ so I can just type xfce4-restart and I'm good. But we'll see what happens at the end of the day today.... Thanks again Swarf!

TouchOdeath

Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:42:26 pm

Swarf: Which place is best for me to ask for zorin help. The zorin forum help thread or: https://askzorin.com/?

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:47:14 pm

I would say here but nothing to stop you asking there too, not as many visitors. Aravisian is our Zorin Lite expert - I have assumed that this is the case in respect of what you are using as it utilises the xfce DE (Desktop Environment). If I recall correctly, one of the biggest culprits is the screensaver - you have to disable/turn it off. ;) :D

TouchOdeath

Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:45:04 pm

I apologize I should have mentioned that I was running Zorin 15.2 Lite, my mistake (good research on your part). The xfce screensaver is already turned off. But that helps a lot to know that it is an xfce thing. Thanks a bunch!! I'll post if the code I provided above worked or not (if not then hopefully I can come up with something that works {or your boy Aravisian chimes in}). Mucho Thanks! :D

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:45:04 pm

Hi, just been browsing - checkout this thread on Mint:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=22332

TouchOdeath

Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:06:44 pm

After this forum post last week, I fetched the latest updates. You guys may have already fixed this issue because its worked 100% for a week now which is awesome! Thank you Zorin peeps! And thank you as well Swarf for your replies much appreciated!