This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Desktop Icons Have Become Large - How to Resize

sunshine999

Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:53:27 pm

Hi there, can anyone help?

My desktop Icons a few weeks ago have suddenly become very large. I have searched the Settings & Tweaks options but cannot find how to adjust. Unless I've missed something?

I know how to change each icon individually but not all to a default setting.

Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:18:33 pm

I had this weird behaviour whilst Tring to change icon settings in Nautilus (File explorer) and noticed as I scrolled my mouse the icons on the desktop started to grow bigger. I'm wondering if there is a bug in the newest kernel?

sunshine999

Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:35:38 am

Hi there, I have had success.

I had already tried as you said with Nautilus but no results. What i have now done is run this command (i have used standard):
$ gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.icon-view default-zoom-level small
$ gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.icon-view default-zoom-level standard
$ gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.icon-view default-zoom-level large

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1080133 ... untu-18-04

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:43:02 pm

Great stuff! Could you post that information as a 'How-to' in the 'How-to and Tutorial' section of the forum please? If you get the option to choose level of post, mark it as 'sticky' if not I will do that afterwards which will bring it up to page 1 of that Section. Great find and thanks again for sharing! :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:17:45 pm

I have stumbled upon a quicker way in Nautilus! I am wondering if there is some sort of leak in Nautilus:

Nautilus resize icons at 50 per cent.jpg

Resize icons in Nautilus at 67 per cent.jpg

:o :shock: :roll: :?: :lol: