This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 15.1 Core Partial Update to 15.2

zabadabadoo

Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:49:08 pm

Yesterday I used Software updater to check for updates. I was offered a OS Update which I accepted (as normal).
This turned out to be a Distribution Update (I think those were the words, but dont quote me), but turned into a Partial Update.
A number of generic reasons were displayed that could cause a Partial Update, but nothing specific.
Anyhow, I let it complete, followed by reboot. Checked version after and now says 15.2.
All seems to be running OK, but should I be worried about it being a Partial Update?

PS. Checked if any more updates today, but was nothing major.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:14:17 pm

I have had the same experience yesterday and took it down to the fact that I had removed any kernels present that were causing it to freeze/slow down - currently running kernel 4.18 on an old Dell Latitude E6500. No issues. ;) :D

Aravisian

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:15:49 am

You might run
Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade

and check what packages are being offered. You may also hit "y" on that terminal to see if it upgrades successfully.
If anything fails, you can then check which packages did. You could then try installing them with manually, if needed.

zabadabadoo

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:07:49 pm

Aravisian wrote:You might run
Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade

and check what packages are being offered. You may also hit "y" on that terminal to see if it upgrades successfully.
If anything fails, you can then check which packages did. You could then try installing them with manually, if needed.

Thanks, did that. Not much extra offered, but hit "Y" to complete anyhow. Was also informed of one no longer used item, so did the prescribed autoremove to dispose of that whilst I was in terminal.