This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to uninstall Oracle VirtualBox 6.1 from Zorin15.2

donaldrshaffer

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48:40 pm

I was able to unistall the version of VirtualBox that was preinstalled on software. Then I installed the lastest VirtualBox 6.1. Now I see the newest version of Virtual Box 6.1 will not work on this OS. How do I uninstall it? It is not listed in the software pkgs list but is on the System Tools.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04:18 pm

How did you install it?

donaldrshaffer

Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:17:33 pm

I downloaded it from the Oracle site then used Open with Linux Install Application when I clicked the file in Downloads.

Aravisian

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:51:31 pm

donaldrshaffer wrote:I downloaded it from the Oracle site then used Open with Linux Install Application when I clicked the file in Downloads.

I am sure Swarfendor will agree on
Synaptic Package Manager
Code:
sudo apt-get install synaptic

Once installed, run it from your App Menu under Administration. You will need to enter your root password.
Once open, mid-top of the GUI window, you will see a search function. Click that and enter "virtualbox"
You can then select the packages you want to remove from the list by right clicking and selecting which option you want. Then click the "apply" button on the top right(ish) of the GUI window.