This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to change email address

smhardesty

Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:39:43 am

I have tried 4 times now to change my email address. I go to the User Control Panel, then to Profile, then edit Account Settings. I type in the new email address, type it in again to confirm it, then enter my current password to effect the change, and Submit. Every time I've done it then go back to check it, the old email address is in there. What am I doing wrong?

Aravisian

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:47:59 am

smhardesty wrote:I have tried 4 times now to change my email address. I go to the User Control Panel, then to Profile, then edit Account Settings. I type in the new email address, type it in again to confirm it, then enter my current password to effect the change, and Submit. Every time I've done it then go back to check it, the old email address is in there. What am I doing wrong?

Is that for the Gnome online account?

smhardesty

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:51:19 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "Gnome online account". What I'm talking about is the email address for this forum. I'm getting notifications of replies to threads I participate in at an old email address I'm in the process of getting rid of. I have kept the old address around specifically for things like this. I want to be sure I have changed to my other address before finally deleting the account completely. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I might snatch a video of the process as I'm going through it and post it here. Maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong. I probably won't do it tonight. I'm fighting a bad headache. I just logged on my laptop to check for updates to threads on here that I have going.

By the way, I really appreciate any and all assistance I get on this forum. I'm liking Zorin more and more as I go along. Little things like using PCManFM and the about:memory trick in SeaMonkey are helping to cement Zorin as my one and only Linux flavor. I know I'm going to find one or more things that need tweaked before I'm totally satisfied, but I'm as pleased with Zorin as any other distro I've tried using in the last 6 months or so of distro hopping.

I don't really like openly slamming a distro or an application, but I really had problems with Linux Mint a while back. I tried every version available and I just could not get any of them installed and working well for me on this laptop. Maybe it is the laptop, but I have used this thing for 6 or 7 years and never had a problem with any distro I tried until I started having problems with Mint Mate about 6 - 8 months ago.

Aravisian

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:42:31 am

smhardesty wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "Gnome online account". What I'm talking about is the email address for this forum.

Oh, I see. I was thinking you went to the App Menu, then control, ummm...
<cough>
I don't know about the forum. What you describe Should work.
The forum runs on BB software.
smhardesty wrote:By the way, I really appreciate any and all assistance I get on this forum. I'm liking Zorin more and more as I go along. Little things like using PCManFM and the about:memory trick in SeaMonkey are helping to cement Zorin as my one and only Linux flavor. I know I'm going to find one or more things that need tweaked before I'm totally satisfied, but I'm as pleased with Zorin as any other distro I've tried using in the last 6 months or so of distro hopping.

Tried SpaceFM, based of PCmanFM, yet? It is a minimalist but very powerful GUI file manager.
smhardesty wrote:I don't really like openly slamming a distro or an application, but I really had problems with Linux Mint a while back. I tried every version available and I just could not get any of them installed and working well for me on this laptop. Maybe it is the laptop, but I have used this thing for 6 or 7 years and never had a problem with any distro I tried until I started having problems with Mint Mate about 6 - 8 months ago.

You are not alone in that. I had a lot of trouble with Mint and it likes to lag, bog down and slow over not very rigorous usage.
I do like Cin desktop though, and the Cin desktop runs MUCH BETTER on Zorin Lite than it ever ran on Mint.

smhardesty

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:55:09 am

I'll try and get a video of what I have been trying to do to change my email address. I might just send it to you in a PM. That will prevent showing my email address to the world. I don't mind members on here knowing my address, but no sense in broadcasting it to to non-members.

SpaceFM looks really interesting. I'm going to do a bunch of reading on it. I did check and it is already available in Synaptic so a couple of clicks and it's installed. Looks pretty inviting from the quick look I took at their web site. What happens to PCManFM if you install both at the same time? Any trouble there? Should I uninstall PCManFM before installing SoaceFM?

I tried Cinnamon about 4 or 5 months ago. There was nothing about it that turned me off. It was trouble with Mint Cinnamon that gave me the problems.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:41:23 pm

You need to contact AZorin - send a PM but to cover yourself, use the 'Contact Us' form on the main page of https://zorinos.com. ;) :D

smhardesty

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:00:57 pm

Oh, OK. Are you saying I can't change my email address? That's cool if it's the case. I guess there must be a problem with the change of address and/or password options on the profile page. I can do that. Thanks.