This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

internet not working

anvesh54321

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:39:55 am

i created vps on vultr using zorin-os-9-lite-32-a.iso .
512mb ram,2.5usd per month plan,ipv6 on vultr.com.

It installed successfully. But the problem is internet not working on vps.
i tried to configure manually ipv4 using edit connections. still not working.

when i open firefox only google.com page working any other domains not working.
please help me.
thank you

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:21:28 pm

Does Vultr offer hosting support? I would contact them in the first instance - if Zorin has installed virtually fine, ask them to sort out the web connection. I wonder if you would have been better going with Digital Ocean. :?:

anvesh54321

Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:14:55 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Does Vultr offer hosting support? I would contact them in the first instance - if Zorin has installed virtually fine, ask them to sort out the web connection. I wonder if you would have been better going with Digital Ocean. :?:

They provide only ipv6 on low end plans and no ipv4.
i tried to config ipv6 on zorin os.
but failed. Is there any simple way to use ipv6 on zorin os ?.
i will ask on vultr support but if you can help it will be fine.
thanks.

Aravisian

Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:31:57 am

anvesh54321 wrote:
Swarfendor437 wrote:Does Vultr offer hosting support? I would contact them in the first instance - if Zorin has installed virtually fine, ask them to sort out the web connection. I wonder if you would have been better going with Digital Ocean. :?:

They provide only ipv6 on low end plans and no ipv4.
i tried to config ipv6 on zorin os.
but failed. Is there any simple way to use ipv6 on zorin os ?.
i will ask on vultr support but if you can help it will be fine.
thanks.

Yes, ipv6 works fine on Zorin, but the issue is not the OS, it is the hardware.
It looks, from your O.P., as if you are running Zorin O.S. 9 on an old computer with minimal specs by the standards of today (512 RAM and 32bit). The network card may be too old.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:08:01 am

Well spotted Aravisian - I think if the OP were to even migrate to Zorin 12 Lite it would struggle to run on 512 Mb. Also, 9 Lite ran on LXDE not xfce, plus not sure if 9 lite was non-p.a.e. - pretty sure 12 and 15 are p.a.e. only. OP should consider switching to AntiX 19 or MX-Linux 19. ;) :D

Aravisian

Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:20:17 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Well spotted Aravisian - I think if the OP were to even migrate to Zorin 12 Lite it would struggle to run on 512 Mb. Also, 9 Lite ran on LXDE not xfce, plus not sure if 9 lite was non-p.a.e. - pretty sure 12 and 15 are p.a.e. only. OP should consider switching to AntiX 19 or MX-Linux 19. ;) :D

I would shoot for AntiX. It would still be fast even on 32bit 512, if my experiences are even reasonably valid. MXlinux could run on it, but it is heavier and it would top out the processor frequently.