This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

I broke Zorin Ultimate

2guntom

Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:17:51 am

I followed the instructions on this forum to wipe that silly keyring thing that is annoying, but in the process, I broke Zorin

The image shows what I get now when Zorin starts

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:36:33 pm

OK. It states there are two packages and it just might be that it needs those to boot? Perhaps kernel updates? When you get to the prompt enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- I hope you are not using autologin!

If no joy after doing this and rebooting after update, hold the left shift key down whilst powering on to get to GRUB menu and choose 'Advanced options for Zorin - use the recovery option - when you get to it, (ensure that your machine is physically connected to your router), enter DPKG - this will check for any missing dependencies - then don't select 'Continue' but power down then reboot.

Keeep us posted. ;) :D

2guntom

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:46:01 am

Okay, just to clarify,

auto login is bad?

Because, yes, up to this point I have ALWAYS used auto login. Now, since reading this, I do not.

Just want that clarified.

Moving forward, I did the first part of your instructions and it did not remedy the situation. To physically plug in is almost impossible so I re-installed Zorin Ultimate.

So, the question has changed -

After installing Zorin Ultimate and NOT using auto login, when I install Google Chrome and it brings in that silly "keyring' thing, how do I correctly/properly/effectively clear/remove/disable the "keyring" and not mess up Zorin?

- -

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:57:51 pm

Hi, Sorry dpkg didn't work out for you. In respect of the keyring issue, take a look here:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/791950/ ... me-keyring