This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Ok need some help......

penmaker

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:19:21 am

Hello,

I have the new zorin 5.0 ultimate. I am looking for a program that I can use in Zorin and access my parents computers(windows) in another state remotely, they are elderly and have computer issues and it is hard for me to walk them thru it over the phone, I am not a total dud when it comes to networking. so any suggestions as to a program I can use to access them, I am in Texas and they are in Kansas. I am going their next week and can setup the software on theirs when I get there so it is available for future use.

Thanks in advance

smittysmit

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46:44 pm

If it is for personal use,...try www.teamviewer.com . It works great and gets thru any firewall. It's cross platform so Linux can connect to Win/Mac or any version you can throw at it. Few clicks to install/configure...but is not in the repositories.

I use VNC at work daily on the LAN but have had issues configuring across the web with a dynamic IP. Maybe i need time to read up more...but time is a commodity.

mike555

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:13:48 pm

there is a portable version of teamviewer at ; http://www.portablelinuxapps.org/network/teamviewer

Obsidian1723

Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:40:57 pm

TeamViewer is the way to go really.