This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Screen Orientation ?

delunsford123

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:33:01 pm

Hi,

I am new to Linux and I guess I still have a lot of learning to do...
I have an old tablet PC (Fujitsu Lifebook T3010D) that had Windows XP Tablet Edition on it. Well, Windows crashed and would no longer work so I installed Zorin 5 Core OS on it. So far I love Zorin 5 !! I like Zorin far better than Windows. Anyway that being said, I can't seem to be able to figure out how to change the orientation of the screen in Zorin 5. On the Main Menu, if I click System -> Preferences -> Monitors then it shows me a window titled Monitor Preferences. This screen says that the Monitor is Unknown. It also tells me that Rotation is not supported. I click the "Detect monitors" button and nothing happens.

Is there a way in Zorin to find out which vidio card I have and which driver is being used ?
When the tablet was running Windows XP the screen orientation would change automatically when I physically rotated the display and laid it on top of the keyboard. This does not happen in Zorin. Is there a way to detect my monitor and change the orientation of the screen in Zorin? Even if i have to do it manually, that would be ok too, I just need to change the orientation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,
Darrell

delunsford123

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:50:25 pm

Hi,

I have since installed the Device Manager in Zorin and have learned that the VGA and Display Controler is:

Model: 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device
Vendor: Intel Corporation (Fujitsu Limited.)
Connection: PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect)

I still can't figure out a way to rotate the screen.
Does anyone have any ideas how to do this ??

Thanks,
Darrell

delunsford123

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:47:48 pm

I will check this out... thanks !