This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

keyboard issue

maxmm5

Fri May 13, 2011 4:39:36 pm

Hi, My keyboard is not working on zorin os, though it was with window 7. My computer is Lenovo S10-3c, is there work around to solve the issue? Thanks, maxmm5

maxmm5

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53:58 pm

It did not work for me swarfendor437, I've tried the advice on the link you gave me but I still use usb wireless keyboard until now. The keyboard on my netbook is working on boot grub but not after that ( I used the external keyboard on login/password window and all the time when log-on with rc5. I Appreciated your attention to my problem. Hope somebody can find the right script for the bug. Thank you very much, max

P.S. thanks for Tunguska info...

maxmm5

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:39:53 pm

Unfortunately no ps2 on my netbook.

maxmm5

Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:57:21 pm

Yes, I got usb wireless keyboard/mouse combination and it was working good. In the manuals Lenovo said that my netbook keyboard is a ps2 type. How does it affect my keyboard issue on Linux?

maxmm5

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:41:48 pm

Hi swarfendor437,

You know what? I've found the solution to my problem; "noapic acpi=off " on grub (minus the quotes), but I need to observe for some time what will be the side effect of "noapic acpi=off" to my machine. See you later...
Here is the link where I find the advice; http://s10lenovo.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4482&p=30862#p30862

Well, well that was not the real solution... I must need to enter "noapic acpi=off" everytime on grub and I can not log-off normally after that, it froze on splash screen when shutting down and I need to push the power button to make it off completely.

Thanks,
Max

maxmm5

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:53:03 pm

I did your advice, edit/save my grub.cfg and the problem is gone though I got new issues; auto power off is not working, well...no more idea to go forward except to live it that way. Thanks swarfendor437.
Regards,
Max