This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Recording My Desktop?

VcDeveloper

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:04:41 am

Host OS: Windows 7
Guest OS: Zorin 5 Ultimate x64
VBox 4.0.10 r72479
Head Phones: Gamecon Plantronics w/mic

Need help figuring out why my onboard mic is not being detected. Not sure if its because I'm using it in a Virtual Machine or not. Sound Preferences doesn't show any Input Devices. Everything else works fine.

Thanks!...

VcDeveloper

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:08:52 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Are you using Virtual Box OSE or is this VM inside of Windows?

OSE = I download the VirtualBox binaries, and yes its running as a guest inside Win7.

swarfendor437 wrote:I have been using Kazam Screencast in side of Zorin but I think there is a bug inside of Kazam Screencaster in recording from the audio. What are your audio settings?

Will be using the same and have not made any changes to the audio settings. Other than using GnoMenu|Control Center|Hardware|Sound is there another utility for Sound Settings?

swarfendor437 wrote:Why not dual-boot with Windows 7?

I have a dual purpose:
1) I'm building a multimedia teaching studio for recording video's for online streaming and dvd creation for clients who don't have the funds to purchase a new system. So I'm using VBox VM inside there current OS. Side Note: On this side of the business I want to bring in support for Ubuntu/Zorin OS. I would love to see this OS take over MS!
2) I do my own recorded teachings for the same purpose and will install it as a dual-boot, but want to completed No. 1 first.

swarfendor437 wrote:I have uploaded a Video on YouTube on how to install Zorin 4 Core 64-bit alongside Windows XP Pro (32-bit) and Windows 7 (32-bit). Textual information in the 'How-to and Tutorials' section of the forum.

Will be going here after I complete No. 1

VcDeveloper

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:27:08 pm

Thanks for your help! Guest what? On my head cable there's a volume control and in addition a off/on switch. It was turned off and that is way I couldn't hear anything. So everything is working as expected!