This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

No Sys-tray Icon

kicka

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:06:49 am

Hi, First things first... i wanna congratulate with all the people behind Zorin OS, I am a 6 years Linux user and i never seen a distribution so fast, smooth, and really Out of the box... That said I have an inconvenient... I have no sys tray icon in the panel beside the complete indicator (Internet connection, Audio,Evolution, User and Log out applet). I tried (and failed!) to add it doing right click on the panel, choosing add to panel and then choosing sys-tray ("Area di Notifica" in Italian...). But it doesn't work. I have a lots of application that have to be there like dropbox, fusion-icon,feed reader, etc... and it's very important for me. I don't know why it doesn't work... anyone one else has the same problem or it's just me?

Looking forward to fix that, other than that is a great distribution and after some heavy testing i can say that it has no other problem (at least for me...). But this things that happens to me can be crucial to put Zorin OS as my Main Distro or not...

Wolfman

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:04:51 am

Hi kicka,

if you want to, you can add another panel at the top of the desktop and then select stuff to add there!!. Thats what I have and it doesn't interfere with the panels at all!!.

Regards Wolfman

maxmm5

Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:47:16 pm

Hi Kicka, Please see topic How-to's and Tutorials / How to pin or unpin apps icon on the panel bar. Enjoy...