This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

two keyboard layouts

assaf

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:13:17 am

Hi all
I just installed Zorin lite on my T42 and I am very surprised !! it is very fast !! and looks grate.

I made some search but i did not found how to add a second keyboard layout, I want to use English "US" and Hebrew "il".

how do i do this on Zorin lite ???

tanks
Assaf

maxmm5

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:24:02 pm

Hi, Here's what you should do; go to Control Panel, on Control Center pop-up window locate and hit the keyboard icon under Hardware section, then on the Keyboard Preferences window make sure the Layout tab was selected and hit +Add, then on the Choice a Layout window you can select your language of choice, either by country or by language tab then hit +Add. Now you will have the default language USA and your language you have just selected. From Keyboard Preferences window hit the button Options and from keyboard layout options find and hit "key(s) to change layout", choice one from the given option (for example ALT+CTRL), then hit close. From Keyboard Preferences window hit " Apply System-wide... ", give your password and finally hit close. Your done...

I almost forget that you should make sure first that your chosen language is supported by the System; from Control Center locate Language Support and from Language Support window click the button "Install/Remove Languages" and select your language of choice from "Install Languages" window and hit Apply Changes. From Language Support window hit "Apply System-wide button, give your password and from Language support window, put your chosen language on the third line next to your default language, which are English(US) and English or place it on top of all to make it as default, finally hit close. That's it... Good luck.