This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

icons keep disapearing

ashtonford

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:36:00 pm

I have a problem running os5 and every time I do a reboot some of the icons are missing on the panel what can I do to take care of this problem? I have been locking the icons into place also

Wolfman

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:03:34 am

I got around this problem by creating another panel at the top of my desktop, I have added all the icons I need on that and they stay in place.

If you want to add another panel, simply right click on the lower panel and click"new panel".

Regards Wolfman:)

ashtonford

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:39:55 pm

Wolfman wrote:I got around this problem by creating another panel at the top of my desktop, I have added all the icons I need on that and they stay in place.

If you want to add another panel, simply right click on the lower panel and click"new panel".

thanks appreciate the help. Looks like they work fix the bugs in a program like this before releasing

Wolfman

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:22:44 am

Don't forget to move and lock the position otherwise they may well move/disappear.

maxmm5

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:09:57 pm

Hi ashtonford, Go to System Tools/Ubuntu Tweak/ and locate GNOME Settings and click it, then check the check box for Complete lockdown of all panels. After that you will not lost any single icon on the panel bar, though you will lost the ability to Add/Delete panel, +Add to Panel and the Properties.
Take a look...