This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

LTS zorin3 (solved)

marshfarm

Sun May 29, 2011 7:19:59 pm

Just been rooting around and found zorin 3 is LTS but i can't for the life of me see anywhere that has it, I've tried here, distrowatch, softpedia and random torrent sites as well. Does anyone know if it is still available because it would make more sense for me coming over to zorin to get a release thats stable for the long term

marshfarm

Mon May 30, 2011 2:40:25 pm

I'm gonna be honest with you this distro has had the best reaction in my house and I really enjoy playing around with it. I'm going gnome and the wife accepts the windows theme. I wanted LTS so I don't need to reinstall for as long as poss (for my wife) but i'll happily wait it must be due within the week

marshfarm

Tue May 31, 2011 1:29:42 pm

true, when i sat and look into it zorin 5 should end just prior to the next LTS from Zorin so i should be fine

w2310b

Tue May 31, 2011 1:51:53 pm

Hi guys,

Marshfarm I believe Zorin 3 LTS was based on 10.04 (could be wrong on that) so it will end April 2013. Zorin 5 is based on 11.04 which will end Oct 2012 so you're really better off sacrificing 6 months for newer technology / software with more stability (fingers crossed)!

Edit: Also remember that means Zorin 5 will be around ALL of this year and almost ALL of next year - quite a long time before you have to reinstall!

VanR

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:22:25 pm

I was looking for Zorin OS 3 also and someone was kind enough to link me to the download page.

http://distro.ibiblio.org/zorin/3/