This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Your help needed to keep free music free!

w2310b

Tue May 31, 2011 8:25:37 am

Swarfendor - there is no reason whatsoever for this post to be removed - Jamendo hosts entirely free music which is unbound by regulations.

Note - I just noticed you said proposed European legislation. As I am not European I am not aware of what this entails but I can see no reason why they would seek to curtail free (as in freedom, not beer!) music.

If they DO pass such laws then that is a progression towards American culture, which as far as I'm aware Europe is strongly against!

shaunnt1

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48:44 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi fellow Zoriners,

If this post gets removed I accept that but it is partly valid as there is a direct link to jamendo.com in rhythmbox if memory serves me right - this could be put under threat by proposed European legislation. Normally I would email this to people, but that is not possible on this forum - do spread the news to your friends who may also like the wonderful offerings of jamendo.com - I used my 'nic' when signing the petition but you don't have to donate when it asks for it - the world is still in recession but if you do have some spare spondoolas then feel free to donate. Here is the general gist of it:Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

"Help Jamendo Support Artists' Interests!"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/h...sts_interests/

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes just a few seconds of your time.

Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Do you have an updated link to the petition? It is broken :(

Thanks
Shaun

w2310b

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:04:47 am

There's quite a few good artists on there swarf, had a good listen to a few today!