This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Like Zorin,but need some help

micki

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:21:36 pm

Hello I am Micki from germany and I use Zorin 5 Lite.I like it very much,but I have a little problem.I dont need
the Zorin Specials,Look Changer,Browser Manager and Extra Software.Can anyone tell me,how I can get
these entrys/icons out of the main-menue and the sub-menues? Thank You Micki

Wolfman

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:05:02 am

Servus Micki,

go to "preferences" > "main menu" or "control center" > "main menu" and you can edit the entries there, any software you don't want, simply un-install it using Synaptic!!.

I live in Germany too!!, im tiefsten sueden!!.

Regards/Gruss Wolfman:)

micki

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:23:38 pm

Hallo Wolfman
Thanks for trying to help me,but the problem is still there.In my Prefs,there is no Main menu,and in
the controllcenter there is also no Main menu-Dialog.I tried to do it with Synaptic,but there are also no
entries for this Zorin Special Progs and in Add/Remowe Software are these Progs also not listed.If you or
anyone knows a way to uninstall/delete them, please tell me what I have to do

Special Greetings,from the(high)North Micki

Wolfman

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:23:45 pm

Control Center_002.jpeg
Control Center_002.jpeg (260.59 KiB)

Micki,

above is a picture from my control center and you can clearly see "main menu" in it!!.

Or: Start button > System > Preferences > Main Menu!!!.

I cannot find the Zorin packages either; so I hope someone else can help you there!!. :(

Regards Wolfman :D

maxmm5

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:54:21 pm

Hi micki, Go to Control Center and locate Main Menu from Personal section, click it and from Main Menu window unchecked any program you do not want to make it not appear on the menu or you can delete it as you wish by hitting Delete button. Good luck.

micki

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:41:13 pm

Hallo and thanks to wolfman and maxmm5
The problem is,that there is no Mainmenu_Dialog in my controllcenter.There are 6 Icons,but no (main)menu.
Is it possible,that this is special in Zorin 5 Lite (LXDE)? My controllcenter also looks different against your
screens.I hope there is a solution and thank you for trying to help me
Best regards/Danke
Micki

Wolfman

Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:17:37 am

Hi Micki,

I have just taken a look at the ZOS 5 Lite version and I see what you mean, it is missing an awful lot of tools!, try downloading gnome control center using synaptic and let us know what happens!!. :D

micki

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:05:46 pm

Hallo Wolfman
Thanks for your tip,but I did not try it.To install gnome control center means to install a (nearly)full Gnome-
Desktop.As I use LXDE this is not usefull.But I found another way to solve parts of my problem.There is a
small program called lxmed,it is still beta and very minimalistic,But it removed 2 of 3 menu-entries which
I dont want to see.Short:the entries Zorin Look Changer and Install Extra Software are deleted.The 3.entry
(Zorin Internet Browser Manager) is still there,but I hope there is also a solution.
So long/bis bald Micki

Wolfman

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:11:05 pm

Hi Micki,

I have never used LXDE so I don't really know anything about it, I started with KDE many years ago but have used only Gnome since a number of years now!!.

Maybe if you look on the main Ubuntu forum you can find help there, here is one for German speakers:

http://ubuntuusers.de/

micki

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:48:09 pm

Hallo all
The problem is totaly solved.My computer crashed,and after new-installing some other Linux-Distros I am
back at Zorin(its faster than Lubuntu).I wrote that Idont need some Zorin Extras and I tried to delete them
with lxmed.This was ok but not compleatly succesfull,but in lxmed there is a possibillity to make this Progs
invisable instead of delete them.So my menues are free,but if I need these Extras,I can use them.
Linux is sometimes complicated,but better than WinShit
Thanks to all who tried to help me
So long/bis dann Micki