This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]Software Center crashes

Anonymous

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:59:37 am

Hi

Software Center (Ubuntu) doesn't work. It opens the window, but when trying to select (clicking) there some application area on the left, the window disappears and application stops working. I have updated the software with this command but did not help.

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

I have this problem only in one Zorin 8 Core installation. Other works. There seems to be some bug in that software ?

Swarfendor437

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:40:54 pm

I wonder if it has anything to do with Ubuntu One closing as that used to be an integral part of it (but I could be wrong!) :D

Anonymous

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:05:01 am

I hesitate to believe that it is an Ubuntu One issue, due to it works in the other installations. Newer know, but I believe that there is something wrong with that application in my installation. It systematically closes the app when trying to select something there. Can that be fixed? Updates says that everything is up to date and 100% working ?

There have been some unable to download problems with updates and also with loading sw from Software Center sometimes, but not this kind that whole application crashes.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:52:23 am

Hi, All I can suggest is to open synaptic and search for Ubuntu software centre and select for 're-installation' then 'apply'.

Keep us posted! :D

Anonymous

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:46:27 pm

Yes, It solved the problem. I re-installed the Software Center packages and it seems to be working now. Thanks for help.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:03:31 pm

No problemo! ;)

Janlam

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:02:11 am

Henriolavi wrote:Yes, It solved the problem. I re-installed the Software Center packages and it seems to be working now. Thanks for help.

Hello, I'm having the same problem. How do you reinstall Software Center packages? I'm just starting to use Zorin OS 12 Ultimate. I'm not sure I'll keep using it if I can't fix this issue. Thank you in advance for your help.
Jan Lam

OS Beta 15 fixed this problem.