This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Login promts

kevs_view

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:41:17 pm

I found the option to stop a login request when starting Zorin.
But still get prompted for a "login keyring" password whenever using Wi-fi or populating a webpage with a saved username and password.
How do I also get rid of that prompt?
Kev

Wolfman

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:50:44 pm

You need to go into "edit connections" on the network applet on the bottom panel and then select "Wireless" > "Edit" and then put a tick in "connect automatically".

Regards Wolfman :D

kevs_view

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:48:16 pm

@Wolfman. I do have the Wireless as connect automatically. So I don't need to put in the long WPA passcode all the time.
I get a prompt to put in my Zorin password before it can unlock that save Wifi code, or any other save passwords.
Is it possible for the system to use saved username/passwords without the need to enter a master password?

Wolfman

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:01:04 am

If the problem persists, try un-installing "gnome-keyring", this may give you some breathing space.

Regards Wolfman :D

kevs_view

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:30:24 am

I found out how to do it guys

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/23/get-ri ... -reminder/

"The GNOME keyring manager manages passwords for things like ftp connections, email password logins, wireless network authentication, and much more. Typically this is set up encrypted – by default this is the case with the keyring. But there is no way to enter that password and make it stick from session to session. Well, there is a way to do this, but I will warn you that doing this will store your password unencrypted."

Command line method
Follow these steps:

Open up a termina.
Issue the command rm ~/.gnome2/keyrings/*
Now reboot your machine.

And Ta-dah