This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] printing to Brother wireless printer

banjoman

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:31:31 pm

I have a Brother DCP-375CW wireless printer and have succesfully installed drivers to print to this (wirelessly) on my Acer One which has Ubuntu 11.04.

Unfortunately I have lost the web-link to some really good instructions which enabled me to achieve this!

I now want to print from another laptop on which i have recently installed Zorin. I am sure that Zorin will be likewise capable of printing via this printer and have been on the Brother website to search for appropriate drivers.

However I am not sure if I need the .rpm or .deb version and the instructions are complicated and confusing (the ones I had before were very straightforward compared to the Brother ones - it can't be that complicated!!)

So any help in guiding me through this quagmire would be much appreciated.

banjoman

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:58:01 pm

I have now configured my brother printer and can print from the laptop when running Zorin. I have not found the previous instructions, but have discovered a very good one here;

http://elskao.blogspot.com/2011/05/brot ... buntu.html

I couldn't install the drivers using the Ubuntu software facility because they were 32-bit and my laptop is 64-bit (I don't know if 64-bit versions were available on the Brother website, I didn't go back and look), however using the commands listed in the above instructions (which included -force) the drivers were installed ok it seems and the printing facility works

the above blog goes on to instruct how to install the scanner too...

thanks for reply, hope this may help others