This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How do i update to Java 6 update 27 ?

liviococcia

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:37:10 pm

Hello members, how do i add a ppa which will give me the latest linux 'Java 6 update 27' and any future Java browser plugin updates?
regards

liviococcia

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:25:21 pm

Hello swarfendor437, i've checked both these links, but 'software center' reports i have the latest installed 'Java 6 update 26' this is not the latest according to the Java version checker, i've also check that 'conical partners' is checked in synaptics, is there know ppa for getting the newest Java pluging for Google Chrome?

liviococcia

Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:36:05 am

Thanks swarfender for the link, but this only gives me Java 6 update 26 which i already have, doing the Java version check from the Java website says the current version should be 'update 27', maybe 'update 27' has not been ratified by any linux distro so there are no 'ppa's for it.

Doing a manual download and install of the .bin file from Java, means that the 'Synaptics package manager' won't check for any future updates, also, looking at the instructions for manually installing seems complicated for myself (i'm still getting to grips with linux terminal, and am at the very basic level)

regards

regards