This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Crash After Update

hsmadness

Sun May 08, 2011 4:39:20 am

I just allowed zorin to update. And now it wont completely boot after it had to restart. I am able to choose the option for previous versions upon start-up and then it boots. Anyone know how to delete or remove the updated version so when i turn on my computer it automatically boots up the working version?

rmockler

Sun May 08, 2011 2:09:30 pm

This is more of a "patch" than a true fix, but one way you can ensure that you will boot with the desired version is to install the startupmanager program using the Synaptic Package Manager. Then go to System, Administration, Startup-Manager and in the drop down menu under Default Operating System, choose the one you know boots successfully. If this works to your satisfaction, we can go to the next step to totally remove the problem.

limoeiro

Sun May 08, 2011 5:46:41 pm

DONT DO THE UPDATE ... THERE IS A WARNING ON THE OTHER FORUM.,.... DONT UPDATE.. THE SOLUTION IS ONLY ONE ... ERASE AND INSTALL AGAIN ZORIN, IT S THE ONLY WAY!

thocar

Sun May 29, 2011 7:13:49 pm

Yes, I confirm. After updating the system for a very long time, I get plenty of error messages... luckily I just had installed Zorin, so I decided to reinstall it. And I will not update again!