This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Printer via windows 7

granul

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:48:45 pm

Hi!

I installed printer on my laptop, the printer is plugin on another computer that is running on windows 7, so i use samba, it seem to be install properly, the signal is getting to the printer, but it does not print. The little yellow light keeps flashing on the printer but does not print.

My printer is HP Officejet 5510

Thank you

granul

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:56:23 pm

Hi!
I change to A4, it still does not work, I tried also setting the printer under windows 7 to a4 as well, still cannot print.

Thank you

granul

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:24:00 pm

Hi!
No problem printing with windows 7. The samba looks like this: smb://WORKGROUP/DANIEL-PC/hp
and the HPlip is already installed, there is a file called HPlip-gui that is not installed.
It is strange because i see that there is activity when I tried to print, i hear the printer getting ready to print but it does not print.

granul

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:29:59 pm

I have no problem printing with windows 7, i tried to install with the link you provide, I download the file for ubuntu 11.04, I follow all the indication it did not work, depencies problem.

Samba search for the printer and it found WORKGROUP/DANIEL-PC/hp, everything works fine with linux except my printer :-)
Thank you for the help

granul

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:43:00 pm

Hi swarfendor437,
like i told you earlier, theres is a signal send to the printer, and I see in windows 7 when I open de printer folder thats there is a file waiting to be print, and I hear the printer getting ready to print and then, nothing, the little yellow light keeps on flashing.

granul

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:26:35 pm

Hi!

I connect my all-in-one to my laptop directly via USB and it works the printer was installed automaticly and I print a test page with no problem and the HPLIP is already installed.

Thank you

granul

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:57:17 pm

Hi!
I rather leave it open for someone with more network printing experience. And also if I find the answer I could post-it here.

Thank you for the help

granul

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:04:26 pm

Hi!

I did change to DANIELPC without the dashes and it still does not work, I think the problem is probably with the printer and not with windows 7, because the information is getting to the the printer but it does not print.

granul

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:20:07 pm

Thank you for the help, but for now I give up.