This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Favorites/Panel

ThatDude90

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:19:43 am

Hi all, I apologize in advance if I put this in the wrong thread (mods feel free to move it).

I just recently switched to Zorin Lite on my old Toshiba L655. I came from Elementary OS and I am really diggin' Zorin. One of the things that has me confused is the pinned applications and the panel.

I have downloaded Caprine and added it to the panel. Once opened another Caprine icon shows up and under the notifications there is another Caprine icon. Is there a way to not have so many icons for one app on the taskbar?

Aravisian

Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:04:00 pm

ThatDude90 wrote:Hi all, I apologize in advance if I put this in the wrong thread (mods feel free to move it).

I just recently switched to Zorin Lite on my old Toshiba L655. I came from Elementary OS and I am really diggin' Zorin. One of the things that has me confused is the pinned applications and the panel.

I have downloaded Caprine and added it to the panel. Once opened another Caprine icon shows up and under the notifications there is another Caprine icon. Is there a way to not have so many icons for one app on the taskbar?

Yes, the "pinned" apps are pinned in the DockbarX Extension. You can unpin those items.
If you right click your panel, hover panel then slide to the side to Panel Preferences.
A popover window will open. The right side has the "Items" tab. Please click that tab and explore, as well. You can move items to any location, add new, remove old, readjust...
XFCE desktop is VERY configurable.