This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[STICKY] How to pin or unpin apps icon on the panel bar

maxmm5

Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:38:53 pm

Hi to Everyone, Here is some use-full tips how to place most common used apps on the panel bar instead of Desktop; open any application you want and right click the icon that appears on the panel bar and on the pop-up window click "Pin application", repeat the same process to every apps you want to have icon on the panel bar. To remove just simply right click the icon on the panel bar and on the pop-up window click "Unpin application". You can also customize the Panel bar by reducing the height to size 23 and make it transparent, just like my desktop I attach below... here what you must do, right click the panel bar, from pop-up window click Properties, then on the Properties window you can change the size in pixel on the General tab and on the Background tab, click the radio button for solid color, then slide the slider to transparency. Done.

My Desktop:

jamvaru

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:11:58 pm

Interesting.
This works with most apps, i think, like system settings; it does not work with firefox; anybody else have this problem, or with another program?