This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

New start menu

birkopf

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:29:37 pm

I just have an idea, but due to lack of time I am not able to contribute too much to it. This forum has got a great, slick and minimalist beautiful menu (look at top bar, where FAQ, Members, Search are). I can take this graphic design if someone will help me with programming to make a beautiful start menu. Main parts of gnome start menu will be selected vertically with the same cool, blue underline and will open menu for specific programs ore locations. Also - I can make slick and beautiful menu button. Contact me via private message or reply here if you can help and If you have further ideas.

Warm regards,
Birkopf

Wolfman

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:50:44 pm

Hi,

thanks for the offer, maybe someone will take you up on it. You will still need approval from the site admin!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

birkopf

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:26:06 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

thanks for the offer, maybe someone will take you up on it. You will still need approval from the site admin!!.
Regards Wolfman :D

hi Wolfman,
approval for... ?

birkopf

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:41:38 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:i think Wolfman is referring to approval for changes to this website/forum layout - but I read your post about making a new menu for the Zorin desktop environment - or was Wolfman correct? If you are referring to the website/forum then the people who put it together would have to be consulted - if it is a suggestion for the distribution, why don't you PM AZorin or zorink, the Devs?

It's a suggestion to improve "start menu" (really sorry for the windows a'la bill gates naming) for the desktop environment. I am only able to do the graphics. Need someone to take care of coding and implementation.

gorin002

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:27:22 am

just a note
make shure that developers of zorin or other projects not be so stupid as microsft to delete start menu in windows 8 just a statement under start menu

gorin002

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:03:32 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:
gorin002 wrote:just a note
make shure that developers of zorin or other projects not be so stupid as microsft to delete start menu in windows 8 just a statement under start menu

There is a way to turn the 'dumb 8' icon screen off back to 'normal' - techie at work told me but forget what it is called. Also in 7 all you need to do is make sure computer 's features are set to 'best performance' - then you get the Windows 95 'Start' menu back!

yes correct