This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Simple Scan now working in Zorin with Canon All-in-One!

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:19:01 pm

Don't know if it is after recent updates but just wanted to share with people that Simple Scan should now work with your Canon All-in-one! It is working with my TS8151 which I reported in another thread that it would only work with Simple Scan (Document Scanner in Ubuntu 20.04 and Fedora 31 Workstation) in other distros. Yippee!

ZorinJIUK

Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:38:08 pm

Hello, it does not work with mine. I have a Canon MG3650.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:52:05 pm

That's interesting - I did download backend files from the project page - perhaps that did it - but I don't know how I managed it as it was not working straight away! :shock:

niceone

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:40:06 pm

Zorin found my MX870 (already set up for wi-fi) when I first installed it a month ago. I hadn't heard of Simple Scan until I read this thread, so I tried it and it worked first time. Now, I just need a teleportation function to get bits of paper from here to the printer!

RichLobo

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15:20 pm

Simple Scan does not work for my Epson WF 2630 either. I have not clue where to go from here... I may have to look for another distro since I have hundreds of photos yet to scan!

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:16:39 pm

RichLobo wrote:Simple Scan does not work for my Epson WF 2630 either. I have not clue where to go from here... I may have to look for another distro since I have hundreds of photos yet to scan!

Epson does not supply drivers for Linux so you need to go to this site and download them after searching for WF-2630 then select drivers for printer and scanner:

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... archModule

scubapro26

Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:54:03 pm

Thank the gods for Zorin supplying this program--most Linux distros I've tried do NOT work with Canon!

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:21:02 pm

scubapro26 wrote:Thank the gods for Zorin supplying this program--most Linux distros I've tried do NOT work with Canon!

Hi, I could not get it to work until I had somehow managed to install backends, remove backends, installed Document Scanner (the new name for Simple Scan both in Fedora and Ubuntu), removed Document Scanner, reinstalled Simple Scan. I am usually dependent upon both the Canon Printer driver and Canon Scanner driver for ZorinOS. I have recently purchased vuescan by harmrick in respect of FerenOS as I couldn't be bothered to do the same rigmarole I did with Zorin - plus it's KDE and not Gnome so not sure what I would be doing!

https://www.hamrick.com/