This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Change the color of exit button.

pguarnier

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:55:40 pm

Guys, is the following, I would like to change the color of buttons of the windows. The close button, of the windows folders and programs in Zorin 9 is blue, I like to leave it red. There must be a hidden file on the system that I could access it and edit it to change the color of that button. Anyone know anything about it? It's a simple change that I would make.
I'm used Zorin Os 9 Core.

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:32:29 pm

I think the quickest way round this is to download a theme like this?:

http://www.ubuntuthemes.org/downloads/boje-cranberry/

Then choose it in your Ubuntu-Tweak Theme settings:

24.jpg

pguarnier

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:02:23 pm

No! I just want to even change the color of the close button. Not for beautiful, is to give computer classes. And I can not install anything heavy, because the computers are old.

pguarnier

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:53:25 pm

I managed to make the change I wanted! I opened the terminal in the folder / usr / share / themes / Zorin, I applied the command sudo chmod 777 on metacity-1 folder, open that same folder, and clicked right in and button_close_normal.png, and button_close_prelight.png, open with .. . Kolourpaint. There changed the color to red small file and then saved.

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:10:08 pm

Gret job - 120 blue jewels to you! (Zorin equivalent of 'buntu beans!) - 60 for solving it your self and another 60 for sharing! :D

pguarnier

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40:05 pm

Thank you! How do I mark the topic as resolved?

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:16:28 pm

Hi, Have done it for you - for future ref - just go to your originl post, click on 'Edit' button and enter [RESOLVED] for workarounds, [SOLVED] in Help and Support if someone has helped sort a problem for you ;)