This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

to the developers and rest member......need to know.....

kairomatrix

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:13:07 pm

HI as i am a linux enthusiast , for curiosity i download and test the las version of ubuntu ......[ as zorin is base on ubuntu - i can have an idea how can be the future zorin OS (]i did test this in live mode) i want to know how this new version run in my relative new latop [ with zorin 5 - 64bit] For my surprise aparently the new version cant run in my latop.... [ strange for me ] and a motive to be worry if in the future i take the desition to install the new version of zorin base in the last ubuntu..... i decided to prove this in my old computer .....desktop [ about 5 year of use ] and again surprised to me , this run in the old desktop!! contrary of usually happens where the latest new distros with new kernel or "desktop version as genome 3] cant run in my old computer....nothing keep an eye in this small detail ...i thinks if a distro is base in a "mother|" base distro been debian , fedora or ubuntu [ this the case of zorin] i imagine can drag the limitation or characteristic of the " mother" base OS. But for me zorin at present can be more pleasant than ubuntu because the interface is more user friendly than the base distro " in my opinion , and the reason for to have this in my latop. But i am a little worry if the new zorin version will not run in my latop anyway. I thinks the developers take note if the next edition of zorin for to maintain the compatibility in the computer using zorin 5 at present in the sense can run too the new version without hardware problems. I wait my suggestion will be usefull in any way. thanks!