This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

digital assistant

ImpWarfare

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:45:23 pm

According to Zorin's Twitter account via Direct Message they stated to me that in the future releases MyCroft will be integrated into Zorin OS. What about when that time comes that when and if MyCroft allows you to customize the name of the assistant tool that Zorin has a modified version with its own name for the tool and do an Android version also. It would also be nice to see this integrated on the system so that we can use it to lets say connect to our smart home products and have it to do like other digital assistants can like Cortana or Alexa if it gets expanded to match those capabilities. Could this be considered? And could Zorin use a custom-modified version of MyCroft maybe fully voiced and with Zorin's own name or have an option in the system settings so that it'll respond to our own custom name which we choose like for example AIDA etc.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:19:28 am

My personal take on this is that IoT creates a serious health risk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NEaPTu9oI&t=20s

Not to mention spyware that Cortana and Alexa use - we don't want anything like that on Zorin. ;)

ImpWarfare

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:22:44 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:My personal take on this is that IoT creates a serious health risk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NEaPTu9oI&t=20s

Not to mention spyware that Cortana and Alexa use - we don't want anything like that on Zorin. ;)

I thought MyCroft was privacy-respected unlike Cortana and/or Alexa which is the opposite to MyCroft. If the Twitter team spoke the truth that they may or may not include MyCroft in the future then I'm personally fine with this and don't have a problem with it if what MyCroft advertise as true that they don't spy on people.

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:01:23 pm

My issue is not privacy (though it is a concern) with IoT it is:

1. The health affects as stated in the YouTube video and even those people who are not hypersensitive to wireless waves they will still be being 'damaged' over a lengthy period of time.

2. The roll-out of A.I. which is machine written code without human intervention - whose to say they won't know in the future how to cut off your supply via the 'smart meter' - which I will never have installed. ;)