This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Android Launcher

ImpWarfare

Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:16:59 pm

Eventually it would be nice having Zorin doing its own Android Launcher for the Android smartphones/Tablet devices like Microsoft has done with the Microsoft Launcher. I would like it if this were to be considered for the future plans if the team is listening.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:07:40 pm

As the team comprises only the two brothers I think they have enough on their work schedule for now.

ImpWarfare

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:15:48 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:As the team comprises only the two brothers I think they have enough on their work schedule for now.

I thought someone said on this forum that the team currently has the two brothers and one extra developer that's paid? Is this still the case? Also didn't they state that later in the year that they'll start recruiting people for the company?

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:58:12 pm

Sometime in the last two years on a printed interview with 'darkduck' it was stated they had 2 full-time developers. At the moment it is just the brothers. What they stated was that if people paid for the Ultimate edition of Zorin it would enable them to employ additional staff to work on the OS full-time and continue to improve it. ;)