This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

The advantages of ZORIN OS 15 CORE

blueblue

Sun May 10, 2020 2:17:24 am

Ubuntu20.04 now supports dark mode as a standard feature.
Now, everyone, please list other advantages of ZORIN OS 15 CORE.
I understand that, but there are some things I haven't noticed.
Take it easy to listup. ;)
I advertise it in my country.

Thank you.

Swarfendor437

Sun May 10, 2020 10:22:39 am

1. Zorin is to the best of my knowledge the only Linux distro that has the best inclusive software for individuals who need accessibility features to work out of the box - Orca the screen reader reads the Zorin Menu just as the overpriced JAWS for Windows costs £838 - Orca is free and included in the OS - no expensive add-on. Quite a few distributions include Orca but it only works when an application is launched - but how is a user expected to find that when the Windows key does not launch the menu and read the menu - what JAWS users are used to.
2. Zorin 15 Core is Enterprise ready with Evolution as the default mail client which can be fully integrated with MS Active Directory Mail Servers.
3. Remmina Remote Desktop Software to talk to other desktops remotely supporting RDP, SSH, VNC connections
4. Full Office Suite - whilst it can read .docx files it cannot save them in a way that MS Word can but that is deliberate by the other Software house - so export as a .pdf to maintain correct layout.
5. Firefox Browser ensures safe surfing - Business users need to swap this out for Firefox ESR (Extended Service Release) as it is the only version that Corporates can 'lock-down' to ensure employees are using the browser for corporate purposes only.
6. Gnome Tweaks can be installed to enhance the interface with great extensions.
7. A familiar interface for those who have used Windows 7 and can't get used to Windows 10 (or its spyware!)
8. Privacy is at the centre of the OS, no longer supporting WINE out of the box - a good move.

That's all I can think of for now! :D

blueblue

Sun May 10, 2020 10:57:03 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:1. Zorin is to the best of my knowledge the only Linux distro that has the best inclusive software for individuals who need accessibility features to work out of the box - Orca the screen reader reads the Zorin Menu just as the overpriced JAWS for Windows costs £838 - Orca is free and included in the OS - no expensive add-on. Quite a few distributions include Orca but it only works when an application is launched - but how is a user expected to find that when the Windows key does not launch the menu and read the menu - what JAWS users are used to.
2. Zorin 15 Core is Enterprise ready with Evolution as the default mail client which can be fully integrated with MS Active Directory Mail Servers.
3. Remmina Remote Desktop Software to talk to other desktops remotely supporting RDP, SSH, VNC connections
4. Full Office Suite - whilst it can read .docx files it cannot save them in a way that MS Word can but that is deliberate by the other Software house - so export as a .pdf to maintain correct layout.
5. Firefox Browser ensures safe surfing - Business users need to swap this out for Firefox ESR (Extended Service Release) as it is the only version that Corporates can 'lock-down' to ensure employees are using the browser for corporate purposes only.
6. Gnome Tweaks can be installed to enhance the interface with great extensions.
7. A familiar interface for those who have used Windows 7 and can't get used to Windows 10 (or its spyware!)
8. Privacy is at the centre of the OS, no longer supporting WINE out of the box - a good move.

That's all I can think of for now! :D

Great list. :D
There are many things I didn't know about.
I will understand each one.
Thank you so much.

blueblue

Wed May 13, 2020 12:13:16 am

It is unusual for a video editing app to be pre-installed. Pitivi

Swarfendor437

Wed May 13, 2020 12:31:50 pm

Pitivi is open source - it is OK, but I prefer KDEnlive - Linux answer to Sony Vegas. ;) :D